Ferndale has certain pet boarding requirements to protect your pet from diseases from other animals. And to comply with the government regulations.
All dogs and cats which join the Kennel & Cattery must normally be neutered or spayed, must not be aggressive or have any other excessive behavioural issues.
They must be current on required vaccinations.
Using an effective flea & tick preventative
MEDICAL AND DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS
At Ferndale, your pet’s health and safety is our priority. Prior to a pets’s arrival, Ferndale must have a clearly readable copy of the vaccination record (and dog license for dogs)
• Dogs must have been fully vaccinated and have received regular boosters against Distemper, Parvovirus, Canine Hepatitis, and Leptospirosis. The cards need to show valid vaccines confirming to AFCD government requirements.
• Cats must be up to date on the core vaccines (Cat flu).
• Dogs 5 months or over must have been vaccinated against rabies within the last 3 years.
• Kennel cough (Bordetella) for dogs is recommended but not mandatory, best to give at least 7 days prior to check–in.
Apart from the vaccinations, boarding dogs should also meet the following requirements:
• Dogs and cats should have monthly treatment for controlling of fleas (and ticks), as a precaution at no cost we apply Frontline (for external parasites) on admittance, if you prefer we do not then please inform us in advance.
• Heartworm prevention is required for dogs
• unhealthy dogs will not be accepted or recommended for dog boarding, if in doubt we would contact your vet with your permission to understand any current medical conditions.