Ferndale has certain pet boarding requirements to protect your pet from diseases from other animals. And to comply with the government regulations.
All dogs and cats which join the Kennel & Cattery must normally be neutered or spayed, must not be aggressive or have any other excessive behavioural issues.
They must be current on required vaccinations.
Using an effective flea & tick preventative
MEDICAL AND DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS
At Ferndale, your pet’s health and safety is our priority. Prior to a pets’s arrival, Ferndale must have a clearly readable copy of the vaccination record (and dog license for dogs)
• Dogs must have been fully vaccinated and have received regular boosters against Distemper, Parvovirus, Canine Hepatitis, and Leptospirosis. The cards need to show valid vaccines confirming to AFCD government requirements.
• Cats must be up to date on the core vaccines (Cat flu).
• Dogs 5 months or over must have been vaccinated against rabies within the last 3 years.
• Kennel cough (Bordetella) for dogs is recommended but not mandatory, best to give at least 7 days prior to check–in.
Apart from the vaccinations, boarding dogs should also meet the following requirements:
• Dogs and cats should have monthly treatment for controlling of fleas (and ticks), as a precaution at no cost we apply Frontline (for external parasites) on admittance, if you prefer we do not then please inform us in advance.
• Heartworm prevention is required for dogs
• unhealthy dogs will not be accepted or recommended for dog boarding, if in doubt we would contact your vet with your permission to understand any current medical conditions.
Click here for placing a booking.