Veterinary Services related to International Pet Relocation
Ferndale Kennels has a UK trained veterinary surgeon for a director and so we are easy able to review the necessary veterinary documentation. In addition we can consider from a veterinary perspective and we are able to look after your pets travel needs from a caring and compassionate perspective not just from a logistics perspective. There are many benefits of a good understanding of animals health behind the scenes in planning a safe pet shipment.
Do I need to use a Veterinarian from your team or your partners?
No, we are happy to work with any of the Veterinarians in Hong Kong. As the veterinary paperwork is so vital to your dog or cats safe journey, we can help advise your vet with filling out these complex health certificate documents.
Will a vet visit my house?
We can arrange for one of our vets to visit your home to take blood samples or do a veterinary health certificate. Or it can be done in your regular vets consulting room.
What steps of pet relocation need the vets?
All animals need to have updated vaccines, a correct microchip, and a “pass” health certificate, to be able to travel. Your vets can do these or we can advise you of vets which can help you.
Which animal health related things are relating to the pet shipping process?
- Infectious diseases like ringworm or ear mites can cause a failed health certificate and delay a pet’s travel.
- Tick fever can cause animals to fail blood tests for Australia or New Zealand
- genuine health emergencies like ones affecting the heart or liver or organs can affect travel or deny ability to travel.
- things which could delay a shipment could include diarrhea or a small wound.
- how pet shipping could make your pet sick can also be considered and discussed by our team
- anxiety and behavioural disorders and their affect on pet relocation
- and many more!